Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The pale moon is laughing

fra-foa - 青白い月





Genre: hard rock
Song style: a pretty depressing heavy song, lots of raw emotion, female vocals

This song was one of my first exposures to Japanese music - I heard it on a random internet radio station back in the early 2000s and I thought it was amazing. In the following ten years, I never listened to any of their other songs or researched anything about the band but I still love the song. Today's an easy, lazy day but I thought I would mix up the flow of the blog with this track. Unfortunately, the band broke up in 2005 with the lead singer (Chisako Mikami) getting married and having a child. This song is about her younger brother who drowned to death... so sad! I hope your families all stay safe and sound during this spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment