Monday, March 29, 2010

Catchy music from dramas: The Quiz Show (original)

Pay money to my pain - Paralyzed Ocean





Genre: metal
Song style: pretty heavy with a lot of screaming, a slight punk twist

I remember a couple of years ago watching some random show I saw recommended by some random person, and then this song came on as the theme and wow! It's pretty typical metal but it was a breath of fresh air amongst all the poppily-produced music around tv shows in Japan. It accompanied a great show - The Quiz Show, about a Who Wants to be a Millionaire type show that gradually exposes its contestants' corrupt lives through its questions. I highly recommend you watch the original one (because the new one with Arashi members is overly long, boring, and has terrible acting). Pay money to my pain has a very American feel - all their lyrics are in English and they have a metal / punk mix reminiscent of American metal bands like Trivium. I recommend you check out their other songs which are slightly more melodic.

No comments:

Post a Comment