Monday, February 22, 2010

Back on my feet

Boom Boom Satellites - Back on My Feet





Genre: experimental rock, electronic, hard rock
Song style: epic, heavy yet orchestral elements, reminiscent of Nine Inch Nails

This video is simple but the backgrounds really blend with the song so well as it builds up its pieces. I don't remember where I discovered this band, but it reminds me strongly of the style of someone I met in the train once. It turns out coincidentally that we worked at the same place in Washington DC and went to the same school in Japan. Crazy isn't it? We still hang out every so often - sometimes in Japan, sometimes in America. This is one of those bands that tries to cross the border of America and Japan, just like that friendship. Most of their songs are in English and they act under both a Japanese label and an American one. I would have to say their style is extremely American too - which in this case isn't such a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment